Friday, 16 July 2010

Previously Posted 7 (January 26, 2008)

HAZEL CAME!!!

Fact: Hazel is one of my oldest friends.
We met each other or, to be more precise, our nannies met each other when we were both in Nursery (at the age of 3). We were students in a school that had standard brown uniforms (the exact shade of poo) and were sectioned into classrooms that were named after fruits. I think I was in Grape and she was in Orange, or something like that.

Fact: Hazel makes everything funny.
She has this laugh that is so contagious, it's hilarious. Once she starts going on something, it's hard for her to stop giggling, and I've seen her cry from laughing on more than one occassion. I get red when I drink, she gets red when she is happy.

Fact: Hazel gets along with everybody.
Not only does she manage to get free dishes from restaurant owners, she manages to charm even the most cynical person. Just ask her to tell stories about "teribo".

Fact: It's nice to have her around.
Everything was fun - and serious at the same time. We managed to catch up on each other's lives and worries, ups and downs. We went to the salon, the eyelash salon (more on this on becomingfunke.blogspot.com) and lunch at Busaba Eathai today and everything was more fun just by having her there to bounce ideas off of. She also made me open up about how I felt about my current family situation and walked me through a detailed "what if" scenario if they didn't come around.

Fact: It's sad to see her go.
We parted ways at the Kilburn tube six hours ago, and suddenly the apartment seems quieter somehow.

Hurry back Haze.

No comments: