Friday, 16 July 2010

Previously Posted 6 (March 10, 2008)

A word about this previous posting: this was written at a time when I felt there was no such thing as unconditional love. I have since learnt that change can occur when you least expect it.
_________________________

To Whom It May Concern

I've written this poem for those of you (you know who you are) who have nothing nice to say and still open your mouth to say it. This is for those of you who use your fingers to text messages that hurt me, the one you supposedly love.

Quite honestly, it's not me you love, it's what you want me to be that you love. I can't live up to that image so, for better or worse, let's just stop the relationship here. If you want it to continue, accept me for who I am, accept my decisions that this is what I want to do.

And, make up your mind. If you want to be a part of my life, then stop giving me mixed signals. Let's be mature about the whole thing, agree to disagree, and let me live my life... to either learn from my mistakes or reap the benefits of a good decision. Either way, I will get hurt, laugh, cry... LIVE.


To Whom It May Concern

It must be hard to live in a glass bubble,
Where no one can touch you,
And you cannot touch.

It must be hard to live in your cave,
Always looking out,
And seldom seeing much.

It must be hard to speak loudly,
And never have to listen,
Or be listened to.

It must be hard to build a wall,
That no one can breach,
And one you cannot break through.

No comments: