Monday, 23 April 2012

Back to Us

One of the reasons why I haven't been touching base through this blog is because there has been so many things happening in my life lately. I have since started and stopped teaching Business English for local companies in Frankfurt, I have recently started my kids' clothing business, I have since done a LOT of sales calls and visits in PURE GERMAN and have gone back to Asia to make sure that something happens on the design and manufacturing side of things as well. I have also since become more involved in several local clubs for women and moms, and it has been great in terms of making new friendships and finding my feet in this country (Germany). It has been a whirlwind, and while there have been ups and downs, I have to admit that sometimes I do not have the luxury of time to think things through. I may have forgotten a bit of me in the process.

One of the things that has suffered in all this activity has been my writing. Some of my friends have been subjected (unfairly) to some drafts of mine for a story I wanted to tell. All of them have been very supportive and quite positive about the story, with one person even going above and beyond and correcting some parts of the writing :) You know who you are, thanks for taking that time. I will say a big sorry that I haven't continued writing, and I make a promise, right here right now, that I will write every free minute I get. Whether it be in this blog or in the draft for the story.

 I recently went back to Manila by way of Singapore, and one of the great things that happened to me during this trip was how I managed to reconnect with old friends. It was just me and Sophie, and we had a lot of flexibility in terms of hanging out, thanks in part to her being such a good girl with other people, but mostly thanks to friends who made it easy for me by caring for her like she was their own. I do have some of the best friends in the world. It was great touching base with friends I grew up with since I was an awkward pre-teen, to people I respected and worked with in university. It was cool to see how everyone has managed to make a good life for themselves, and while some people feel like they could have done more, achieved more, I say this: you are where you are meant to be, and your journey is still going on. It is the mantra I try to remember myself, when I think that everything has been lost and I have no chance of finding it again.

The trip back to Asia was a way to come back to me, even if it was for a little while. It gave me back the passion to write, the cackle in my laugh when I let loose and just hang with friends and, it gave me back the power to be me, to not be afraid of what brings me down and to instead to focus on what floats my boat, literally. I think everyone needs to have some time to break away from the routine of the every day and to spend time coming back to what makes us happy, so that we can come back to ourselves, so we CAN be ourselves again.

No comments: