Someone once told me that the music you play in your iPod says a lot about what you like, and it is like an intimate look into your personality. The Top 25 Most Played is especially revealing, as it shows preference and moods, all in one list. I took a look at mine and burst out laughing, because while there is a lot of Beyonce in there, there are also some surprises:
1. Breathe Slow - Alesha Dixon
2. Crazy In Love - Beyoncé
3. Don't You Remember - Adele
4. Airplanes (feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore) - B.o.B
5. Price Tag - Jessie J Feat. B.o.B
6. Let the Sun Shine - Labrinth
7. Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
8. Irreplaceable - Beyoncé
9. Pass Out - Tinie Tempah
10. Life - Des'ree
11. Fireflies (UK Radio Edit) - Owl City
12. Diese Weg - Xavier Naidoo
13. No Regrets (Explicit Version) - Dappy
14. Geile Zeil - Juli
15. The A Team - Ed Sheeran
16. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
17. Run - Snow Patrol
18. Happy - Leona Lewis
19. F*ckin Perfect - Pink
20. Fix You - Coldplay
21. 99 Problems - Jay-Z
22. Chasing Pavements - Adele
23. I'll Be - Edwin McCaine
24. Read All About It (Feat Emeli Sande) - Professor Green
25. Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects
Looking at this list is like looking down memory lane - I can actually recall (for most, not all songs) when I first heard the song or who recommended that I get it. So much of my musical taste is made up of my own preference, together with family and friends' influence, so it is actually nice to see that this part of me is made up of parts of different people too. It gives me comfort to know that even if everything is made up of matter, some of what makes up others' matter, matters to me.
So, for all those out there who are willing to bare a little piece of their soul - what's your top 25 most played songs? :)
1 comment:
My list is dominated by Chopin, Mozart and Beethoven - not because I listen to it, but because it is Sophie's bedtime music :-)
Post a Comment