Friday, 21 March 2008

A Little Quickie Note

Dear Christian,

In the midst of all the planning, don't think that I've forgotten you. Don't think that I'm getting too caught up in the details to focus on you. Don't think that I've lost sight of why this wedding is happening in the first place.

I look at you across the "command center" (your parent's dining room) and I see you smile, and I feel lighter. I see you roll your eyes when we discuss girly stuff that you cannot comprehend and I feel like laughing for putting you through this torture. When you worry about the cost of your suit I sigh melodramatically on the outside, but on the inside I am happy that you want to look good on THE day.

This is because it is your day too, and I want you to be happy on the day we celebrate with the world that yes, we are a couple. In spite of the fact that we don't see eye to eye on whether or not to have a wedding cake. In spite of the fact that we disagree on whether our puppy can walk down the aisle with us in a small doggie tux. In spite of the fact that although we don't have A song, we have each other.

I love you. This is why the wedding is happening.
This is why I smile back at you across the table.

Julie

No comments: