Dear Blog,
I'm sorry I haven't written in so long, but things have changed quite a bit since the last time I touched base with you. How about if I gave you a quick run-down and you can let me know if you need more details on any one point, all right?
1) I started writing a story based on an idea I had while we were in Venice (one whole entry on this later). While I thought I could write during the days Sophie was in baby Kindergarten, it seems the inspiration comes only at night. Of course I should have known, as I can only write to you close to midnight!
2) I am also teaching Business English classes to companies in Frankfurt. So far I am doing two group classes a week, with hopefully more to come. It is quite interesting being on the other end of the language spectrum for a change, and surprisingly, it has encouraged me to speak more German. After all, if I tell my students that there is no harm in trying and we can only learn from our mistakes, what would I be if I did not follow my own advice?
3) I restarted German classes with some close friends and am starting to enjoy learning the language. Call me crazy, but third time's the charm because the first intensive course was draining, the second morning classes were a nightmare. This time around we engage in normal, everyday conversations that really help us get in touch with the nuances of the language.
4) I've also established a new household routine that do not involve weekly laundry pile-ups. I am actually looking forward to using our new iron and ironing board, but this might have to wait until we get back from another trip, this time to Manila and Boracay.
More on me later - suffice to say, I missed you! I promise not to be a stranger this long ever again!
Love,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment