Sunday, 11 October 2009

Quality 2 - Wedding in Germany

Let me tell you about three big surprises that came out of our wedding, and then I'll let some choice pictures speak for themselves.

1. The priest that officiated the ceremony was amazing and God's angel on earth, I swear. He was seriously kind, wonderfully patient, and very humorous. Fr. Breidenstein was sympathetic when he first spoke with me about my parents' attitude towards the wedding, and during the ceremony he was witty and used parts of my blog to drive the point of how important this was to Christian and me home.








2. Our family's attitude towards the whole thing - not only was my mom and family really supportive, my mom sat me and Christian down to talk about how important our love was and how important family is. My brothers also gave great speeches, as did Christian's dad Peter and brother, Thommy. Christian's entire family, especially his mom, helped in setting the entire event up, from the flowers to the reception to the food - we cannot thank them enough. Love you guys.






3. Christian loves me. I love him. I'm glad we were able to share that with our closest family and friends. That night meant a lot of us because everyone who has ever seen us "grow up" had also seen how important we are to each other. It truly was a meaningful event.

Check out the next post for more pictures.

No comments: