Sunday, 15 June 2008

More Highs Than Lows

I just got a very nice text from someone who does not want me to get married, so it was a bit of a shock. The sms started out with a hi-hello and ended with lots-of-love-and-support. All I can say is, wow.

It´s been one roller coaster ride after another, what with friends and family either: supporting the wedding, discouraging the wedding, etc. I've been on so many uncountable highs and lows in this weekend alone.

Case in point - one high was being able to spend a whole lot of time with an old work-turned-semi-mentor-friend this last Saturday. She invited me out to her house in a beautiful city and Warrick and I found peace for a day with her and her daughter. Seeing Warrick run around in wide, open and green spaces really made my heart soar and for once, I wasn't thinking of my job or my family or any other technical stuff... and it was exhilarating. For Warrick too, I'm sure.

Another high was a potential lunch/dinner I might have with some old friends that I haven't seen since I left Manila. It will be good to catch up and find similarties-differences in our lives, and be able to talk about what we all plan to do next.

The final high, for this week at least, is the fact that Christian is coming home tonight after a weekend trip to Italy to see his cousin get hitched... can't wait for the stories, Chris!

No comments: